Mr. Claudio Caracciolo, the Industrial Cibersecurity Center Coordinator in Argentina (CCI Coordinators Team), helps us to get in context of the state of the industrial cybersecurity in his country, and to do so, he shares with us his impressions.
He describes the level of sensitivity of industrial organizations in his country according to the following percentages:
He also affirms that the trend of recent years has been a slight increase.
Argentina counts with local and national public bodies promoting an adequate legal framework, in order to ensure the progressive incorporation of industrial cybersecurity measures in national presence companies (mainly critical infrastructure). The main organizations are:
- Ministry of Modernization (ex-ONTI)
- Cibernational Defense Command
Analysing the most widely adopted industrial cybersecurity measures by Argentinian organizations to protect industrial automation systems, Claudio Caracciolo highlights the application of:
- External security audits
- Conventional firewalls
- SIEM (Security information and event management)
The CCI Coordinator in Argentina characterizes the industrial cybersecurity situation in his country with the following SWOT analysis:
- Lack of operational technologies certifications, processes and professionals
- Lack of specific industry cybersecurity legislation
- Lack of a solutions and services catalogue of industrial cybersecurity
- Lack of specific CERTs
- Frequent events and forums on industrial cybersecurity
- Increase of Industrial cyber security trained professionals
- Leadership and recognition in the international markets
- Application of IT security measures without discretion
- High development of industrial applications without cybersecurity requirements
- Slow legislation
- Increased of cibersecurity demand for Industry 4.0 and the Internet of things.
- Strategic position in the industrial cyber security sector